brown

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Today started as an ordinary day. The boys woke up and got ready for school. Scott and I went to work. After I taught, I coached day 2 of track to the 4th, 5th, and 6th graders at my school. 96 kids have come out for track and they are doing awesome. There were a couple funny moments though. A fourth grade girl came up to me with her hair blowing in the wind and said "My hair is getting ruined." I tried to stifle a laugh and told her that next time maybe putting it up would be a good idea but in the meantime...get running, it is not a beauty contest but a track practice. Another tired student said, "I didn't know we would be doing so much running!" They are funny creatures!!! Those of you who know me know that I blow my nose rather...um...loudly. My students noticed this for the first time today so when I returned from the hall after checking on a small group, my 6th graders all pretended to blow their noses into their arms too. Aren't they charming?! When I returned home, I was blessed to find members of our small group from church were arriving for a potluck dinner at our house to celebrate the end of another year together. I was delighted to see that Mary and Ron had come since we had not seen them in so long! The boys played out back with Wendy's boys and the rest of the adults enjoyed each other's company and food! Thanks all for coming!!! We have enjoyed and treasured our times of study, prayer, and fellowship with all of you!

0 comments: